The room however looks absolutely smashing. We had to clear out the room for new carpet so when we put it back together we only put back the necessities. I still have some boxes that I didn't go through that will be nicely stored in another closet and taken out one at a time for some sorting and filing. I did get rid of at least half of the things in the room prior to the carpet replacement, so I did accomplish a lot. And now the room will be ready for guests during the Christmas Holiday.
So its up to you Organizing Junkie to decide whether I actually accomplished my organization challenge or if I will have to enter again next time. I really appreciate the challenge and the push it gave me and I know that with better health I would have absolutely accomplished it all.
Before Pictures:again I am sorry for the sideways pictures
Here are some questions answered.
- My biggest challenge was my health. I really could not summon up the time and energy to perform the job as I would have liked, and I did not overcome it yet. I also had a problem with the papers. It is always a problem for me. I got rid of a lot but kept more then I wanted because I never know how long to keep things.(like health insurance payment records)
- The biggest change I have to say was the realization that I really can spend time on projects in a normal day. I had a few days when I really did some great organizing and it made me realize that I could do this every week. I could accomplish a lot if I keep that in mind.
- I threw away over three over flowing boxes of junk. Plus many other boxes. Then I re-organized my closet to fit some unfinished boxes in there nicely. And then I found new homes for the rest. Mainly another closet that is closer to the purpose of the items(games in the hall closet next to the play room).
- There will be quite a few differences in my life. One being that when I have guests over for the holidays they will have room to sleep and call their own. Also clutter crowds me, this will give me less stress and more peace.
- I wish I could say that I deserve to win because I did an awesome job, and left no stone unturned, however that is not the case. I did make a lot of head way and the room looks great, as do many other contestants, so I will trust Organizing Junkie to do the correct judging.