Monday, October 8, 2007

A new dream

Well friends the time has come for me to say so long to an old friend. It is weird how life situations change and things that you look forward to and dream about change. For years I had a dream about owning a wonderful car. I read about it in car magazines and hoped that it would come to the States. Then in 2005 my dream came true the Lotus Elise was introduced to the US market. I flew to Salt Lake City and purchased my dream.



Well flash forward a few years, and the dream car that I thought was the coolest car in the world still is. The problem is life happens and priorities change. My kids are getting older and have more activities, and I can't take them anywhere in my car. So I decided to say so long to Elise. She will be leaving me in the next few days to make someone else very happy. Now don't be too sad for me I will be just fine. It is always hard to say goodbye but it is for the best. Now you may be asking yourselves, how is he going to fill the void in his life. Well I have found a new car. It is not sporty, or fast, but it will hold my family and it gets better gas mileage. I am replacing my car with a Toyota Camry Hybrid. My new car should be here sometime within the week.

2 comments:

Jackie B. said...

WOW! That is a nice car. Never heard of it before.

Calamity Jane said...

we will miss your little lotus flower racing up the hill, nice decoration for the nieghborhood. Goodbye little lotus, hello family car. Sigh, Mel was living his dream through you, now he will have to get his own dream!